Blum Center Homepage
Harnessing the knowledge, ingenuity and passion of the university to understanding and alleviating poverty and inequality.
Blum Center's flagship course – PP&D 115: Global Poverty & Inequality in the 21st Century
- Introduction to the Local & Global Study of Poverty, Inequality, and Social Justice
- A Study of Poverty and Inequality from a Multidisciplinary Perspective
- 4-unit 10-week Course, Entirely Online and Available to All UC Undergraduates
Blum Center supports pioneering, interdisciplinary research to develop human-centered, contextually sensitive and sustainable solutions to poverty, including:
- Community Research Projects
- Seed Grants for Student Research
Discover opportunities to participate now, with upcoming events, and in the quarters ahead by:
- Enable Students to Engage with Poverty in a Practical Way
- Contribute to Research
- Join the Blum Ambassadors Council
Current UCI Blum Center news:
- Coffee Hour invites students, staff, and advisors to learn about PP&D 115. Read more and RSVP HERE.
- Small Change Better World offers students funding to support a concrete, finite poverty-related project. Learn more HERE.
- New Venture concept paper deadline extended to February 25. Learn more HERE.